AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Coupon codes

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Once you enter the Coupon code and it is accepted how long do I have if the account doesn't activate (get its first click) before the code expires?

Some of my accounts take 5, 6, 10 months to activate?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Coupon codes

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for asking your question related to promotional codes. In almost all circumstances, you will have 30 days to spend the required value that the offer states after applying the promotional code to your account.

You could check the specific date after applying the code to an account by navigating to the Promotional Codes page. You can find more information about this page on our Help Center, https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1703648?hl=en.

Thanks,
Ari

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Arianna,

My question was once a account has been created and is awaiting to be enabled or get its first click (sometimes my accounts take 2 to 3 months to activate and/or get their first click.

If I input the code when I enable I have thirty days so I lose the coupon.

Can I wait till I get the first click to put in the coupon code even if its 3 months or more from when the account was created and/or enabled.

Thank you for your time.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Leonard,

Thanks for clarifying! As it stands right now, the overwhelming majority of our promotions are for brand new accounts only (<21 days old in account age). Account age starts from the day you create the AdWords account, not the day you start serving ads. So in your use case, no you will not be able to wait more than 3 weeks to enter the code in your account. And from the day you enter the code, you have 30 days to fulfill the spend requirement.

The good news: we're looking into other solutions for your use-case as we understand this could be a frequent practice among our valued advertisers. While I cannot promise any outcome, I can assure you this is on our team's radar ad we will hopefully be able to solve it!

Thanks,
Ari