AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Cost & Budget Mismatch.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On April 11, I started my campaign and ran four campaigns with well set daily budget but within 15 minutes of running, my cost spent shoot up to over 600%. The daily budget of all campaigns was $6.16 but the deducted cost was $13.05. Though we had some keywords at very high bid but technically, they should not even showed up as their bid was more than the daily budget. Also, I am not able to access Billings and Payments section as it shows that the Adwords System is temporarily down for maintenance. https://imgh.us/index.php

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cost & Budget Mismatch.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Ankita,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community. Occasionally with newer campaigns the served cost will exceed the daily budget as our system learns how to optimize your account to spend your budget effectively. As a general rule, on a day to day basis, your budget can go up to 20% more than the budget that you set. This is called overdelivery. You can learn more here

Our system makes sure that after an entire month of service, you're never charged more than your monthly charging limit, the average number of days in a month (30.4), multiplied by your average daily budget.

If your served cost does seem to exceed 20% of your daily budget, you will see that in your Transactions interface for that day, you have a served cost and actual cost. The actual cost is what you are actually charged and that amount should not be greater than 20% of your daily budget. You will see an overdelivery credit in this interface for days where this occurred. You can learn more on how to check that here.

For the issue of not being able to access the Billing and Payments section, can you see if the issue persists after clearing your cache and cookies and opening up AdWords in an incognito window?

We hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Best,

Jens