AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Constantly paying for a service I do NOT want

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've been paying for ads that aren't making me any money, so I stopped using it and it keeps billing me. I have spoken to the staff about it already and said "I do not want to continue being ripped off, which is what happens every time money is taken from my bank. If I made more money than I paid, I wouldn't feel like I was being scammed". So, why does it continue to bill me and STEAL my money?
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Constantly paying for a service I do NOT want

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Missxstatic,

Missxstatic wrote:
I've been paying for ads that aren't making me any money, so I stopped using it and it keeps billing me. I have spoken to the staff about it already and said "I do not want to continue being ripped off, which is what happens every time money is taken from my bank. If I made more money than I paid, I wouldn't feel like I was being scammed". So, why does it continue to bill me and STEAL my money?

Did you actually cancel your Adwords account

If yes, then I hope you would have received an email from Google stating how many days it will take to process your request and if there are any pending balance from yourside, Google will deduct that. It mainly depends upon the payment method you have selected and based on that, the time duration of the process completes.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: Constantly paying for a service I do NOT want

Mof Google Employee
Google Employee
# 3
Mof Google Employee
Google Employee

If you haven't cancelled your account but have paused your ads/keywords/campaigns etc. you may see charges after this date. 

Reason: Automatic Payments

Automatic Payments is set to charge (after *threshold amount* is accrued or after 30 days, whichever comes first).

For this reason, if you stop your Ads on July 1st, it could take until July 31st for the charge to appear on your side (after 30 days). 

The best way to see if you still have outstanding balance is to view your Billing Tab in Adwords. 

The billing tab will show outstanding balance as "Current Balance."