AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Collection agency adwords bill

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

A client of mine received the PDF from a collection agency. Is this legit? The email address associated with the collection agency is not the domain name. Does Google use a collection agency or is this company pretending to be something that they are not. 

Google Debtor Letter 1st Demand Email.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason B
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,

Google does hand over accounts that are long overdue for collection and that does appear to be a company they use. However, you or the client should log in to their Google account and pay it within AdWords (if it is due) and do nothing more with the letter. There is no need to dialog with the company... just pay AdWords the balance due in the Billings & payments dashboard of AdWords.

If there is no amount due... the letter may be spoofed. There are plenty of companies that do spoofed postal mailings in an attempt to get information and money. By default I do not respond to stuff like this and I go directly to the source, which in this case would be Google AdWords.

If they are contacted and they are a scam, they will gain more than they deserve by interacting with them. Yet, if they are legit, their only purpose is to get the AdWords account paid up. 

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason B
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,

Google does hand over accounts that are long overdue for collection and that does appear to be a company they use. However, you or the client should log in to their Google account and pay it within AdWords (if it is due) and do nothing more with the letter. There is no need to dialog with the company... just pay AdWords the balance due in the Billings & payments dashboard of AdWords.

If there is no amount due... the letter may be spoofed. There are plenty of companies that do spoofed postal mailings in an attempt to get information and money. By default I do not respond to stuff like this and I go directly to the source, which in this case would be Google AdWords.

If they are contacted and they are a scam, they will gain more than they deserve by interacting with them. Yet, if they are legit, their only purpose is to get the AdWords account paid up. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

That is what we told him to do. I just wanted to know it was a company that Google uses. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received the same looking bill from same company because a credit card had expired and the billing period was about 50 days past due for a 25$ google adwords account.   Very disappointed in Google selling off my data to a collection agency.  Not sure if it hit my credit file.  If so very ticked off.