AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Checking held under Mandatory autopay without a limit and no way to shut it off?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Whats the deal with adding a checking account and Google not letting you switch to manual, says make a payment so I did and it still wont.  I can buy other pay per click I just want my checking account off of auto pay right now or how to shut down the whole account and just go elsewhere.  Mighty G get to mandate what they want but they are not mighty enough to demand uncontrolled instant access to my checking by force.  Any ideas how to get it off there, was really looking forward to running adwords now just looking forward to knowing my checking account is back under my control and not held hostage.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Checking held under Mandatory autopay without a limit and no way to shut it off?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello yeagerd; Welcome;

You should be able to switch between automatic payment and manual payment....Aren't you able to switch?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Checking held under Mandatory autopay without a limit and no way to shut it off?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

NO, I guess its new it says you must may a payment, so I did.... Now it is even showing th payment posted.  I am closing the checking account, what a pain whish I had never done business with Google, learned lesson I guess.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If this was another company using suck barbarian tactics to force uncontrolled access to your checking account without asking permission Google would black list them, I am pretty sure its illegal what they have done here.  You cannot just take someones checking account number for a payment and then say we are going to auto charge it without any permissional needed from you, you cannot change it and you cannot remove it from the account.

Im a new engage company and I have another client that was to start up a 6K per month adwords account but I have had to advise against it now, I am hopeing I can spend their full commit on other ppc properties.

Im not OK with being mugged, which is exaclty how I feel about right now.  Like the time criminals got my checking account and I had to shut it all down and get new checks etc.  Same differnce here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi yeagerd,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your AdWords account. If you wish to change from automatic to manual payments you have to make a payment and contact AdWords after that so that we could do the switch. All the details on how to do this and how to contact support are listed here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375438

However you most certainly don't have to close your checking account even if on automatic payments. You can just pause your campaigns and as you are paying only for the clicks you recieve you will never pay for anything you did not ask for! Many people find that automatic payments make their lives easier as they don't have to remember to add funds to their accounts each time their balance runs out.

You might find this help center article on how to control your costs useful: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704424

Hopefully you'll find the payment option that suits you the most!

Karl

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem, and waiting on chat support line for 30min to talk to someone. It looks like it stuck on "You are number 1 in the queue"

You have to pay all your balance to make the change. I made $10 payment which did not work. I used $100 voucher and added $30 to my account then it automaticly withdraw $650 from my account. They also add another $450 on the top of it as a balance.  This is not acceptable. charging me alost $1,000