AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Charged when Ad was rejected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was charged when my ad was rejected. If the ad was not showing how could it be clicked on?  I did CPC so I should not be charged anything until my ad went live I thought?!?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Charged when Ad was rejected

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
What's the reason for disapproval? You wouldn't be charged unless your ads were serving and accrued clicks. Your CC can be charged (for automatic payments) for previous campaigns/ads which might be paused or removed now, as per the billing cycle.

I'd suggest checking the period for charge (from billing summary page) and check if there are any statistics for the period in the campaigns page.

Feel free to write back,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This was our first campaign so we never have done anything before and it said at first it was my capitalization in keywords then it looked like it auto-reved them because when I logged in to fix it those particular keywords were gone so I submitted again and it declined because of my punctuation so I changed that and finally got accepted but now it says it's not showing because I am over budget?!? I don't get this at all now I am really confused if I just got approved how could I already be over budget??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
auto-removed*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's not showing anything on the campaign for clicks as far as from today on... but it says I have incurred over $6 already?!?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Rg S,
Did you resolve this issue? If not, let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I am all set for now.. Even though some of the keywords were rejected
it still ran with had that were right.

Thanks,
Nicle

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same problem. My ad was rejected but I was still charged. Yes, I had previous campaigns, but they were rejected as well. I also had a promo for those & there was a $0.24 credit. Now, I've been charged well before the 30 day accrual on an ad that was disapprove & have no clicks.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.