AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Charged for more clicks than Ive recieved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry if I am just misunderstanding how AdWords works but I decided to run a low budget campaign to test the waters.  I see 3 clicks from keywords I have added, but I see 37 clicks total, which I am being charged for the 37 clicks.  On my websites analytics(not googles) it says only 3 of my visitors have come from clicking on a Google ad. Can someone please explain how this works if I am not understanding it. 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Charged for more clicks than Ive recieved

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Shane

this is very small which may be checked by you but just a small check-list, are you checking the same date range on both analytics and adwords... is there any campaign which you have paused which received clicks previously and than you are looking data for all enabled campaign in that case your paused data will be shown as well.

Can you shared the snapshot of main page as well so that we can check the same.

Or still there is a problem you need to contact to adwords team for same they can check the in and out of your account.

Ana

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Shane,

As Ana has already shared a few important check points.

Moreover you can check few more points:

• As mentioned by Ana, are the date range same for both adwords and analytics.
  • Also refer to her 2nd point.
  • Check adwords billing whether you were really charged for 3 or 37 clicks.
  • Campaign type in adwords if it is search with display and in analytics you are just filtering for Google search queries but the clicks got generated from display.
  • I recommend to link your adwords account to google analytics which will give better insights rather than 3rd party.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will work on getting a screen shot when I get off of work but in short this is the first campaign I have ever run and I am using the stats that adwords provides. It says my ad has 61 total clicks now and my total charge reflects that but it has only 5 for the keywords I have used and I cant see where the other clicks came from.

I agree google is better but the third part metrics are from the web builder and are generally pretty good. Google AdWords said I had 3 clicks on my ad in keywords and it showed 3 users came from google ads.

How do I see where people came from on Google Analytic's, (direct, search engine, link, ad ect)

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
I don't know about the 3rd party analytics that you are using but yes Google analytics will provide you all the details regarding the Traffic source whether its direct, referral, paid.

If adwords is showing 3 clicks till now(as adwords data can be delayed by 3 hours only to get updated in the stats) then there must be only 3 clicks from adwords in the analytics also.

Are you using any other platform (other than Google Adwords) also for advertising?

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did a facebook campaign but that only went for 2 days, and these unaccounted for clicks have been happening since that ended. The only issue I have is Google is charging me for for ad clicks that I don't think are legit. I built my site using SquareSpace. They show 4 visits from the Google Adnetwork.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Shane

I think you should contact with the adwords support they will check your account, and can check the clicks and can refund the amount if there will be no clicks.

Ana

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
If there was any invalid click which unfortunately have escaped from automatic detection, you may be eligible to receive a credit for those clicks. These credits are called "invalid activity" adjustments.

Are you using adsense on your website?

Regards