AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Charged for 2 clicks on an ad that wasn't even approved yet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an ad campaign and directly after I set it up I noticed I was already charged. I notified that AdWords team who confirmed that I was charged when the ad wasn't even approved yet. I was put on hold and told I would receive a call for support once they figured out what happened. Well, I never received the phone call and was sent an email stating I could only receive a small % of the charges from the ad that wasn't even approved yet! Has anybody else had this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Charged for 2 clicks on an ad that wasn't even approved yet.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Greg. Something like that never happened to me (having confirmation of being charged for an ad that wasn't even approved yet), but I can tell you that the information you see in the AdWords UI is not real-time.

What I mean by this is that you can still see an ad in the "under review" state in the AdWords interface when in fact it has already started running in the "real-life" environment. And then, next time you refresh the interface (shortly afterwards), you'll see that the ad is approved, has already received X impressions and Y clicks.

This can happen even more easily with ads which have the "eligible" status (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188700) because under certain circumstances they can run before being approved.

What is the current status of your ad? Have you paused it or is it still running? If you paused it, what was the status when you paused it (if you can remember).

On the other hand, when you first set up the ad, what was your intention? Wasn't your intention to get the ad approved and to run it? In my situation, when I create an ad, I want them to run ASAP. The only exception is when I set up a campaign that I want running in the future, but then the campaign start date is set accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.