AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Changing the account's country

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Is it really impossible to change the country of the account?

I run a successful campaign for one of my clients in the US. Untill now, the bills were paid by the client with his Credit Card.

Now we want to change the financial agreement: Google's bills will be paid by me and the client will pay me sales commission.

I have successfully changed the Credit Card details, and I need to change the Business information too, so that the Google bills will be addressed to me. It seems impossible to change the country! every other detail in the business information is editable, except for the country. Obviously I can't use invoices that carry my name with a foreign country.

The guy in the help center told me that this is impossible. is it really? do I need to cancel a successful account and start a new one from scratch?

Just as a reminder, When setting up an account, there is no warning that selecting a country is irreversible (unlike time zone and currency).

Thanks,

Arnon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing the account's country

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Arnon,

Sorry to say it but that guy in the help centre is actually correct, there has been a similar question asked here.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks a lot Scotty. As much as I am informed, Israel is not going to be accepted as the 52nd state of the United States in the near future, so it looks like I'll have to re-start the campaign in a new account.

Arnon

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem Arnon. Unfortunately I haven't heard of the Israel merge either Smiley Very Happy

I hope it goes smooth with the new account.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.