AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Changing company name in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently changed the business name under billing in Adwords and also made sure that the profile on Google+ does not have the old business name, but when I try to use Adwords Editor it still shows the old business name. How do I change that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing company name in Adwords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi eBanana,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

If you're able to see the updated business name in the Billing page, your change has been saved. Removing the account from Editor and adding it back should get the name updated in Editor.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the quick response Sumanth. I have done what you suggested but the name remains as the old business name.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am calling @AdWordsEng-Igor  to resolve this issue.

Could you please confirm us that still you are seeing the same Same Business name as Old one even after editing the name in billing page and done what Sumanth has said.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
I see the problem. Looking into this. Will report back as soon as I know more.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author eBanana T
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
It's a server-side problem. The change to company name doesn't make its way from billing settings to the place where Editor is picking it up from. No ETA for a fix.

The issue is purely cosmetic - Editor doesn't use this name for anything substantial, just for display in the list of accounts. It can still work with the account successfully.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for looking into the issue for me guys. At least I know what's happening now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Has this been fixed? I'm trying to run a video ad and instead of our .com name it says LLC--- which is undesirable

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
The problem with a video ad is very unlikely to be related to the issue discussed in this thread. I would suggest you start a new thread for it.

I'm not really familiar with video ads. If I had to guess, I'd say the ad probably shows the name of your YouTube channel, not the company name from AdWords billing settings. Check the channel name in YouTube. Again, the company name as set up in AdWords billing has no bearing on this, to the best of my knowledge.