AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Changing billing from Manual to Automatic

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a good paying customer who wants increase his online campaign spending. Currently they are paying as they go - but they want to turn it up a knotch now and enter the game in a serious way.

Paying manually is just not the professional thing to do when engaging in a big on-going campaign. So I really need to switch to automatic.

In their account there is no option to change Billing from Manual to Automatic.

Yes - rung the (Indian) help desk. They talked to their supervisors - and their only advice was to ditch the account for a new one - in the process loosing all the data!

They say he has an "old" account. Is 2010 that old for Google to stop supporting customers?

I just don't believe Google would do this to their long term customers.

Has anyone else found a solution to this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing billing from Manual to Automatic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bottomupwebs,

My oldest account was created in March 2009, however, it's been regularly upgraded to the new billing interface, hence I have the latest features available. Upgrading should be rolled out to your account as well I think. (Not sure though.)

Once it's upgraded you can see step-by-step directions for how to switch from manual payments (pay before your ads run) to automatic payments (pay after your ads run) or vice versa, on the help page linked-to below.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375438

Hope the above may help.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello bottomupwebs;

It looks that there are some old accounts that cannot be upgraded. I have one of these. I called Google, back then, after the new payment method had been launched.  They said: "within a year"...It has been much more than a year. I guess, there are some old accounts, that cannot be upgraded

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks, Moshe, for dropping in. Actually that's what I feared. However, it's definitely not associated with the year 2010 ...Robot LOL

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JamesT (Google Employee)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your thoughts guys, appreciated.

Thanks for the link too Lakatos. I found it earlier - but it didn't help my case. But its good to know somebody with an older account managed to have it fixed. Smiley Happy

According to this, AdwordsPro Fiona says they were going to transition all accounts...

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/adwords/billing--payments/lrWxUB8Kbb0

Maybe its just a matter of time? I hope somebody from Google could actually confirm this again.

If anyone else is in the same boat, perhaps drop a line here. Maybe we can speed things along a little.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Just would like to add that the account I mentioned above is a large one, and in the US. Fiona's contribution you linked to is more than a year's old which makes me think if the changes have not rolled out to you in a year's time chances are they won't.

Finally I'd echo her words:

'... if you don't want to wait, you can always open up a new account which will automatically be on the new platform.'

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again bottomupwebs

I am referring this thread to Google, asking them to look at your account. You should get an email

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Guys,

Lakatos - I think when you open up a new account - you loose the click history (or so the Google Phone support guy said when I question him) - so that's a last resort - but it looks bad for the client and Google.

I realise we can export and import ad campaigns with the Adwords desktop tool. But I don't think that will transfer the click data.

Cheers

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

'I think when you open up a new account - you loose the click history'

Yep, that's true, you'll lose history which is bad.Robot Sad

Meanwhile Moshe escalated the issue. Hope some one will soon come back to you from Google....