AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Change payment method

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to change method of payment. No can do...I get the response... An error occured    Dismiss?

I tried the suggested fixes. Problem persists.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change payment method

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
What do you mean by "changing the method" of payments? Switching from which to which?
Please note that "pre payment" is not available anymore
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hope I hit the correct button for reply... I need to change my credit card #. It instructs that to do so one must treat it as though adding a new payment method.

jj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again;
You can pick only "automated payments". (aka "Post payment")
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had an account for some time. Recently, due to a fraud situation, it was necessary that I be issued a new card number. The number now in my account is the old number. Hence, any attempt to charge against it will fail. When one trys to edit the number a message appears saying that the number may not be changed and it will be necessato select the box labled "Add new form of payment". When in the step prior to selecting "Billing Settings", all is well. When I select "Billing Settings" it switches to the page and loading circle is displayed. Upon completion of loading, all the information is there but at the top, in red, is a strip with the warning "An error has occured. Dismiss". That's ok as it worked fine otherwise.

However, when I attempt to change my credit card number to the new one, it instructs that that cannot be done. The remedy offered it to click on the "Add new form of payment" button. I do and it goes to the next or appropriate page. The loading circle spins and spins and spins until it spins no more. All the while below the spininng circle is the red banner stating... "An error has occured. Dismiss". I tried to comply 20 or so times with the same result. I've clear the cookies from the browser... restarted the program, etc. etc. etc. with no change in result.

jj

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
OK; Got it;
That could be a browser issue.
Are you using Chrome?
Try the "first line" remedy: delete cookies and clear the browser's cache. That might help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not using chrome. The last sentence of my previous text, however:

I've cleared the cookies from the browser... restarted the program, etc. etc. etc. with no change in result.

I've used the system for over 2 years with no problems. It worked great and the results were excellent. Over the last 9 months or so its become, at least by my experience, very confusing and hard to manage. There are more options to do what should be simple operations than Baskin Robbins has ice cream flavors and I'm never sure what I'm going to be left with. Thanks for your time.

jj 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author beetlebomb
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Please call customer service. (See contact details below):
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Change payment method

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am giving write card no.but system say it wrong

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.