AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Change automatic payments to manual payments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a newbie...I see that my adwords is set to automatically withdraw payments and I don't want it to do that. I would like to manually prepay so I don't get myself in trouble but when I try to change it I get "an error has occurred" 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change automatic payments to manual payments

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome:

I don't think you can switch between payment methods. (From post payment to pre-payment and vice versa.) If you want to do that, you'll have to close the account and open a new one.

However, BEFORE you do that, please note that most advertisers use "automatic payment". In the long run, this is a more convenient method of payment. If you want to limit your budget, do it by setting a limit of the campaign budget . You will NOT be charged a single dollar above your monthly budget.

Read more:

Can I switch my payment option after setting up my account?

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=34103

Set a budget for your campaign

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375420

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have made my daily budget $5 just to start and learn but I don't see anywhere to set a monthly or a campaign budget so what's going to stop adwords from just automatically charging me

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

"With AdWords, you choose a daily budget for each campaign based on your advertising goals and the general amount you're comfortable spending each day. If you're used to working with a monthly advertising budget, you can find your daily budget by dividing your monthly budget by 30.4 – the average number of days per month."

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375420

[Edited]: here is a better reference that explains:

Monthly charging limit

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand about the daily/monthly budget but since payments are set to automatic won't google just keep pulling money out to keep it going? Do I need to manually kill the ad when it reaches what I want to spend? For instance, say I have $200 in my adwords account and I want it to stop running the ad when it uses it all up, when it reaches the limit isn't it just going to automatically draw out more money? How do I set a stop at a predefined amount? Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes;

You'll have to stop / pause the campaign, either manually, or by setting an end date.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

To ensure that you don't spend more than $200 (is that on a daily basis?) you can try using automated rules that will pause the campaigns the moment you cross the budget.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yeah an option for manual payments would prevent Googles rampant greed...stop stealing from people

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 9
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi jpixels,

Your message was removed by the Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.

Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nikhil,

Where can I find the automated rules in Adowrds to stop the campaign?