AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Change Tax Status from "Individual" to "Business"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I would like to change my Tax Status from "Individual" to "Business" in the Billing Profile page. I am located in the US and use AdWords exclusively for business purposes at this time.

Unfortunately, the ability to change the selection is locked down in the settings.

Please advise how to change my status.

Thank you,

Tom

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change Tax Status from "Individual" to "Business&qu

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your question. 

On the billing profile page, there is a blue edit button below the words billing profile. If you click on that, it should "unlock" the ability to change your status. 

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 8.10.27 AM.png

Hope that helps. 

Re: Change Tax Status from "Individual" to "Business&am

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shanea - thank you for your reply. However, when I click the blue edit button, several of the fields become available for editing, but the tax status option remains "locked". This is vexing as I am buying adwords exclusively for business purposes at this point. Any ideas?

Thanks -Tom

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Ok Tom. I will refer this post to our support team to assist you. They should follow up with you and assist with this problem via an email from "adwords-support". If you do not receive an email please check your spam box.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I have the same query. I would like the changet settings from Individual to Business.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hi Gavin,

Can you give our AdWords Support Team a call on the numbers listed here: http://goo.gl/RossSA . They will be glad to help you with this!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem. Needs to be set up for individual and not business. I made a mistake entering it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I have the same issue. I always use my business credit card to pay our Google bill. But my tax status is "Individual" and my organization is a 501(c)(s) tax exempt one too. I believe it should be under tax exempt business. How could I change it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would like to change my Tax Status from "Individual" to "Business" in the Billing Profile
when I click Edit ""Tax details"" locked on Tax status Personal it's not allow me to chose it's locked ?

Change Tax Status from "Individual" to "Business"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I have the same issue. Need to change from individual to business account in Belgium.