AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Chang Currency Type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I change the currency settings when using the Traffic Estimator to a different currency. It is set now to  CA$ and I need ot set it to USD.

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Chang Currency Type

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Geoffrey;

The traffic estimator gives estimations based on your campaigns, hence, It picks the default currency of your account. Since the currency of your account cannot be changed, you cannot change the Traffic Estimator currency.

Just use a currency converter .

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey,

You can still see the currency change drop down if you sign out of your account.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Geoffrey

Unfortunately you can't change the currency of your AdWords account. If you really need to run the account in another currency, the only solution at the moment is to open a new account.

When it comes to how Google converts different currencies, we actually receive a daily feed from Citibank and use the average of the buy and sell prices to determine the exchange rate. This procedure is used both for the AdWords billing process as well as the ad auction process.

When determining Ad Rank, our system converts all bid values to the US Dollar so that the bids of all the ads in the auction can be compared. Because we use highly exact exchange rates each day, there is no advantage to bidding in one currency rather than another. Google does not share exact exchange rate information because it fluctuates on a daily basis.

El

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Schweta.

I was really hoping this one would work but they now insist you have an account and when you sign out it pops back to a log in screen or sign up with new account. 

Rather an odd function if you are trying to operate globally and forecasting on that basis.

Any other ideas would be apprecaited

Thanks again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you tell me when this function changed please? It was quite a routine thing not that long ago.

Thanks