AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Canadian VAT (GST/HST)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Canadian Dollar AdWords Account.  Do the amounts billed to me by Google include GST/HST?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Canadian VAT (GST/HST)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi loopy,

I apologize that I'm not very familiar with how AdWords works in countries outside of the US, especially with taxes, so I'm probably not going to be a whole lot of help here.  I would guess that if you contacted AdWords Support directly, they should be able to help you out.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Loopy, please let me know if/when you get a reply.  How strange that this info is not more readily available, my goodness I hope that the ON government is getting 13% of these revenues.  Also nice if as a small business we can "back out the HST" as an input tax credit.  Cheers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Heater,

Yeah, I’m doing my GST/HST return right now and I sure could use the ITC!  Calling AdWords Support sounds painful so I haven't tried that yet.  But I suspect that if Google was actually submitting GST/HST to the Cdn. govt. they would have a GST number and they would find a way to include that in their billing summaries.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there - did you ever get answer for your question?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately no. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thats too bad.