AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Can't submit my Billing Information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Clicked the submit and activiate my account button maybe 20 minutes. It's still on the and nother is happening. No confirmation or anything.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't submit my Billing Information

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Allison,

Thanks for posting your billing question on our Community forum. Are you still having an issue activating the account? If so, please try re-freshing your browser window. If the billing information is still not filled out, you may want to try re-entering the information. As a helpful reminder, please see the information below on how to activate your AdWords account. There's also a helpful article on a similar billing issue that you may want to review here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Why-am-I-seeing-a-red-banner-alerting-me-my-billing-...

Your AdWords account won't be activated until you submit valid billing information. Once you do, you can edit this information at any time.

Note: Your payment options depend on the country of your billing address and your selected currency. Enter your country and currency on our Payment Options page to see what's available to you.

Enter billing information for the first time

Once you've created an AdWords account, follow the steps below to enter your billing information.

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com .
  2. Select the gear icon.
  3. Click Billing preferences.

Billing Preferences

4. Choose the country or territory of your billing address as well as your preferred time zone. Click Continue.
  5. Choose your payment method and enter your billing information. Click Continue.
  6. Agree to the AdWords terms and conditions.
  7. Click Save and Activate.

Note: Once your account is activated and your billing information has been processed, any new ads and campaigns you create typically begin running on Google. You won't be asked to submit your billing information every time you create a new ad or campaign.

Edit billing information

To edit your billing information:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com .
  2. Select the gear icon.
  3. Click Billing preferences.
  4. Click edit in the Primary Payment Details section.
  5. Enter your updated billing information.
  6. Click Save Changes.

If your payment has been declined and you'd like to resubmit the same credit card information, you may do so by clickingRetry card on your Billing Preferences page.

We also recommend that you provide a backup credit card to help ensure that your ads continue running if your primary payment method fails.

Please note: If you see a red banner with a notice that you need to "activate your account",  it can take 24 to 48 hours for your ads to become active and then for the red banner to be removed from your account.