AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use 1 credit card for 2 accounts targeting 2 different domains?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have already run ads in 1 adwords account and now I want to create another account using the same credit card & targeting the same keyword like the former account.

The diffence is the 2nd account I will run ads for different landing page from the 1st account (actually it's a marketplace site). I have researched and found out that Google will ban if we use 2 account with the same credit card, the same keyword, the same landing page.

My case is a little bit different because I plan to use 2 separate landing pages. Can anyone tell me that is possible to do what I plan?

Please help me because it's urgent. Thank you in advance! 

Re: Can I use 1 credit card for 2 accounts targeting 2 different domai

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tommy,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

As per the Double Serving Policy, Google does not allow advertisers who promote same or similar content from two accounts for same or similar queries. It says it does not allow advertiser, so if you use the same card, it does know that you are the same advertiser.

But my question is why would you want to create a new account, you can create a adgroup with ads that point to a new landing page and run Campaign experiments.

You can run experiments and your adgroups will not compete, this way you can check which adgroup is performing better to make any accurate optimizations.

For more on Experiments, please read this article.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375383?hl=en

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank Prashanth for your answer!

What I want to do is to run 2 ads at the same time but for 2 different domains. If I create a new ad group in my current account, I can only run 1 ad for 1 domain only. That's why I plan to create a new account.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tommy,

You are welcome Smiley Happy

Please run a Experiment for a campaign by splitting (50 - 50 Control & Experiment) and then after few days you can check the performance by going to segment tab and segmenting the data by Experiments.

You really don't have to create a new account, else it may fall under Double Serving Policy.

Just read this article a read, and this will answer your query.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375383?hl=en

Hope this Helps!
- Prashanth Reniguntala