AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Can I transfer an adwords account including billing responsibility?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created multiple accounts which now have been handed to the owners.  Originally, I set up myself as responsible for billing.  Realized recently (when an account was not paid) that I was still the responsible party.

All players will cooperate, but, I want to be sure they can take over billing responsibility without creating new accounts.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rhwinnj
September 2015

Re: Can I transfer an adwords account including billing responsibility

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

There could be different scenarios in this case, based on the payment method you're using.

If it is monthly invoicing and you wish to keep it that way but just change who pays, there's a specific process to be followed. I'd suggest contacting the support team to get this done, as anything involving Monthly Invoicing needs to be done by Google.

If you're currently using your credit card, you'll have to update the 'Billing Profile' section with the actual business owner's details, apart from adding their credit card details under 'Billing Settings'. This would ensure transfer of actual ownership and not just the credit card in the account. You can do this yourself, here's an official video about updating your Billing Profile.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar