AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Can I run my campaign and ads be show with current balance 0 ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am new to adwords and confused. I linked my debit card for automatic payment. My current balance shows 0. When I click on Manage how I pay it shows this You;ll be charged when your balance reaches x amount or 30 days after your last automatic payment, whichever comes first. Will my ads be shown with current balance 0, is this possible? Please help

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James P
September 2015

Re: Can I run my campaign and ads be show with current balance 0 ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi James,

When you use Credit card as a payment method, you accumulate your cost by the amount of clicks you receive. Your balance will be 0 until you start to run your campaigns, which will have a cost by each click you receive that will form later, your total balance.

You can check more about this here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375432?hl=en&ref_topic=3119102

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, thanks for your help.
I have my ads approved and campaign enabled since 3-4 hours now. No impressions and no clicks yet.
How can I make sure payment/billing is not the issue here?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
On the "Keywords" tab there's a column called "Status" with a little chat icon. If you hover your mouse on it, it will give a little overview to yourkeywor and should tell if anything is wrong.

Another method is by using a tool called Ad Preview and Diagnosis, available on "Tools" at the menu. This should also give insight if anything wrong is going on. More about the tool here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Right I can see ads showing in Ad preview now. Thanks again.
By the way, would you be able to tell me what number of average monthly search on a keyword is decent enough for me to get atleast 10 clicks in say 5-6 hours (considering my ctr is 1-3%).
I am sorry if I am asking something out of line.
Would appreciate your help.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
You shouldn't probably think about the Average Monthly volume search of keyword. Instead, you should focus on the quality of your campaign and on understanding the following:

- If the keywords you're using are relevant to your business
- If you are using long-tail keywords (like "buy a blue new car" instead of just "buy a car")
- If your Quality Score is within an acceptable range
- If your ads have value and bring interest to the users
- If you're using keywords Matchtypes

Of course that we have several others, but since those are the key points, if you make them well, you should do just fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand you. I know my keywords are relevant to my business, ad copy, landing page. I have a strong CTA, good quality score between 5 to 7 (this is above average for my line of business).
I am just worried though that all of this would not matter if the keyword I am bidding on doesn't have decent search.
I am bidding for 25-30 keywords, not much.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James P
September 2015

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
I think that the beauty of Adwords is that you can make changes and improve/test everything with quite an ease and fast time. Everything you do you'll have to test it out.

If you're certain that everything is right, just let it run for a while and you should be fine. If it isn't, analyse, improve and try again.

Remember that Quality Score is not a line of business metric, but an individual account factor. You should be able to improve that QS of 5-7 to a good 7-8, at least. Some points here may help:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Got you.
I have learned its impossible to get a quality score of 7+ for certain industry types such loans, pharmaceutical, remote tech support, etc.
I don't know how true is that but this is what I was referring to when I said QS of 5-7 is pretty good for me.

Anyways, nice to see some useful links mentioned by you.
Would help me a lot. Appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Yeah, I'm glad I could help Smiley Happy

One thing that I've learned is that you should listen to what people have to say, but ALWAYS put it to a test. A lot of people tried once and say it don't work. Dig deep on this Quality Score thing. You have control over almost all metric that compose Quality Score formula, so you could have higher QS on your industry. Also, there's always room to be the first one and break the rules Smiley Happy don't settle down on this.