AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Can I delete an old account and get a new one for promo credit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The reason I want to do it is because I think a few years ago I simply for no reason signed up on adwords just for the heck of it. Back then google was coming up with so many new things and I would sign up for everything just to take a look as to what is was.
Now when I really want to test adwords(since they are giving promotional credit and its a great way to see if adwords can really get some quality leads without losing a lot of money) I am not able to take advantage of the promotional credit as it is only for new accounts.
Questions:

1. Will I be eligible for promotional credit.(I don't think I have every run a campaign in my old account)
  2. If I do what I found(That is making another email as the adming and then deleting th primary one) here on the groups to delete my old and get a new account will I be eligible for promotional credit
  3. If I do no 2. and get promotional credit I hope it is legit. Will google ban my account? Is it against google policy?

Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I delete an old account and get a new one for promo credit?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

I wouldn't recommend that. Indeed,  $75 dollars  is an incentive!  However, technically the account is not deleted. It  can be reactivated any time. You  will need a new Google account for that.  If by mistake, you reactivate the old account, and these two account will run  campaigns simultaneously  - you will be suspended. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’