AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Can I Use one billing info for my all clients on MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have created an MCC account in which i am going to add my clients but the problem is my clients are not going to share their credit card info so i have to use my own credit card. 

Is that possible in MCC account? so i add my CC info and use it for all clients.

Please reply. 

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I Use one billing info for my all clients on MCC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Naveed_Ali,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I won't recommend putting your credit card details for your client's businesses inside their respective accounts.

Reason being that you are only responsible to manage their accounts and make sure that you will spend the monthly budget whatever has been decided between you and your clients and whatever you have agreed to in your agreement.

Another reason is that MCC is only one umbrella where the Advertising Managers have access to their client accounts, but in real sense they are not the owners of those accounts. Hence you should encourage your clients to input the billing details on their own. Send them the help center reference article to make them understand how they can enter the credit card details or any other method of payment which they want. It is their responsibility, not yours (the billing part).

Lastly, in case the ads stop in future due to any billing issues like CC expiration etc...it will be your client who will be responsible and not you.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Naveed_Ali;

You will need an account of a different type, for managing  budget collectively: , :MDS; (Manager Defined Spend )

Read more on the various accounts available:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=64347

and on MDS:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=63031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Naveed Ali,

Welcome to Adwords Community!

If you will use MCC then you can use Manager Defined Spend (MDS) to control managed accounts' budgets.

Manager Defined Spend (MDS) is a simple way for My Client Center (MCC) account-users to control their managed accounts' budgets. If you decide to move some or all of your managed accounts to MDS, you'll be able to create and modify these accounts' budgets instantaneously via your MCC dashboard. Additionally, you'll be billed for these accounts via one Manager Order-level monthly invoice.

For more info visit what is MDS?

Hope it helps!  Smiley Happy

Thanks
Brijesh

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Naved Ali,

In addition of above response i would like you to visit this thread where ciops asked question "Agency paying on the behalf of the client".

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Naveed_Ali,

You don't need to get them to share their credit card information with you.

After you create the account, give them access to it (my account>account access) and let them enter their own billing information. They will receive an email and be able to log in to the account themselves. This way they haven't given it to you and the numbers are hidden after being entered, with the last 4 digits showing (i think).

This way you aren't responsible for their ad spend. Otherwise it can get very tricky unless you get all payments up front in advance.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

purefuzz wrote:

Hi Naveed_Ali,

You don't need to get them to share their credit card information with you.

After you create the account, give them access to it (my account>account access) and let them enter their own billing information. They will receive an email and be able to log in to the account themselves. This way they haven't given it to you and the numbers are hidden after being entered, with the last 4 digits showing (i think).

This way you aren't responsible for their ad spend. Otherwise it can get very tricky unless you get all payments up front in advance.

Hi,

I also would not provide billing information for clients...

I see all the time, people posting and suggesting MDS and I have yet to run into anyone who actually uses it.  I can see the advantages for Enterprise Agencies or something of mass scale but not for a couple dozen accounts.  There was a post on here earlier this week about MDS and it was left unanswered until this morning when a Google Employee responded.   

Adam (Purefuzz) has given you IMO, very good information here.  If this is your first MCC and you have a small list of clients, this is the easiest way to go.  If your clients already have AdWords accounts set up, all you are creating is a link to your MCC. They will still be able to log into the AdWords Account (assuming they have access) to manage billing information. 

I tend to err on the side of caution and always create new accounts outside of the MCC, using a clients or alternative email addresses. Often, I create new Gmail accounts for them and once initially set up and linked to MCC I send the client the new email login info.  This way they can login and add their own billing information without issue.  Linking to the MCC is easy I still perform all management tasks from my MCC portal. 

Setting up the accounts outside of your MCC first and providing clients with direct Admin abilities, creates not only complete transparency, by allowing the client to have a login to the account, it allows for a smooth transition away from MCC should they no longer need your services.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’