5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign spent $20 on $1 daily budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Yesterday morning, at 9 AM (UTC+3) I decreased a Search campaign budget from $15 to $1. Today I check that yesterday the campaign spent $20. I know that Google changed the way campaigns spend their daily budget, allowing up to 100% more than the daily cap on some days, but this is 20 times more. Why did this happen? Did the budget change need time to be factored in the algorithm? Even so I think this is unacceptable. 

Some more details:

Campaign targeting UK

Account timezone: UTC+3

Can anyone please explain what happened here? I will be happy to give more details if you need them. Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emil S
3w

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Emil S,

I would suggest to check the hourly time(hour of the day) for those clicks using the dimension/segment tab.

Might be those clicks have happened before the campaign was paused.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good point. I checked and all the clicks were between 1 and 3 am. Thanks. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You are welcome!

If you have any other issues related to AdWords, feel free to post with new threads.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Emil S

When you change the daily budget multiple times a day, you are charged based on the highest daily budget that you chose for that day. In your case, $20 was the highest. And then that 100% rule. So, the spend is fine. 

You should not be charged that much from the next day because your new budget will be applicable. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Experts in the Topic
Archit
Ratan-Jha