AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Budget limits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, is there a way I can set a budget limit for a campaign that will run at max impression share throughout the month?

I know that I can control how much I spend by setting a daily budget but what if I only have £1000 to spend and I want to run my ads at 100%? My budget will run out quickly and I will end up spending more at the end of the month.

Eddy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Campaign Budget limits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If your account is within an MCC, you should be able to manage a monthly budget by using the "Manager Defined Spend" feature.

This link may be helpful for explaining how to set up an MCC and Manager Defined Spend.

Campaign Budget limits

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Eddy,

As Phil noted, there is a way, but only for accounts that pay by invoice - this is not available for small accounts.

At a campaign level, you can set an automated rule that will pause your campaign when it reaches a certain spend for the month-to-date. It is not perfect for three reasons:

It can only run once per day, and reporting can have delays, so typically you will spend more than what you set the amount to. You could set it to £950 or something like that.

It won't unpause the campaign at the start of the next month, this will have to be done manually.

It is only at a campaign level - rules don't work at account level.

Campaign Budget limits

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Eddy G  

you can still set a daily budget and not throttle impression share by setting your delivery method to accelerated.  More on that here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/37672?hl=en

I'd enable some ad scheduling with it to make sure that this accelerated delivery is happening at the most optimal time.

Campaign Budget limits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply. From your advice I was able to write a script that I set at MCC level that will pause the account if the spend goes over a certain amount. I then set the script to run hourly. I'm hoping this should do the trick!

Eddy