AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Edit End Date Function Failed Leading to Overrun of a Clients Campain and I am Being Charged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

So on the 22/03 I applied a campaign end date to 17 campaigns within the one account, as a client wanted to cancel their AdWords service, I applied the new end date of 01/04 via the additional settings > bulk edit > Campaign end date function. I previewed the changes and then applied the changes (directly after applying the changes I performed the same task within a separate account, this separate account and end date edit worked perfectly). It is now the 19/04 and my ex client has contacted me saying his ads are still showing (as i assumed that this end date was reliable i didn't think to check), the account was in fact still active 19 days after the end date I set, but also there is no record of my end date change within the account. Now my ex-client is refusing to pay the budget and i think that is fair enough, but I do not think i should have to pay it as there seems to be a glitch in the bulk edit functionality, which caused the overrun.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk Edit End Date Function Failed Leading to Overrun of a Clients Campain and I am Being Charg

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Unless you can prove it with the account's Change History, Google isn't going to give it more than a minute's thought.

Googlers can see things in Change History that external users can't see, so give it a shot. Maybe they'll be able to tell you something you did wrong.

Otherwise, they'll call it user error. Beg them for a courtesy credit, and they might give you some credit towards future advertising, but it will be on that customer's account.

Re: Bulk Edit End Date Function Failed Leading to Overrun of a Clients Campain and I am Being Charg

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Bianca,

If all the campaigns were actually paused then there must be no billing within your adwords account.
Please once cross check the billing tab for this period(after the campaigns end date) if there would be any campaign which was left active by mistake then there must be daily billing in adwords account.

Also check for change history during this time period. If there is no billing and no any such change regarding the campaigns re-enabling for this period, then please contact adwords support via phone or email ASAP.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’