AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Budget settings and remit to Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What would be the process procedure for setting budget in Adwords campaign?

I have one campaign running for my business

Every day, under campaign settings > Bidding and budget I will set my budget and through net banking I remit that amount to adwords account.

I have given few scenarios below where I have doubt. Please clarify it:-

a)        If I remit the amount of Rs. 15000 to adwords account, but I set my daily budget in campaign settings for RS. 10000, then what will happen to my balance Rs.5000.

b)       If I remit the amount of RS. 15000, but I set my daily budget of RS 20,000, then what is the impact of this set up.

c)       If my budget amount get exhausted and I want to refill it with less than the early budget.  Do I need to change the budget amount in the campaign settings also?

Basically my doubt is How the payment remit to google adwords account will link to our daily budget?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Budget settings and remit to Adwords account

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning

a) The unspent amount will roll over to the second day and be spent during those hours.

b) The campaign will spend up to the amount funded--then the ads will go offline. (This assumes you're using "prepay" as your payment method.)

c) That depends. The account will spend up to your prepaid amount or to your campaign limit--whichever is lower.

I would suggest that it would be simpler to prepay a larger amount (say, a week's worth of funds?) and control how much is spent each day with the daily budget setting. That way you won't risk your ads being offline each day until your bank/card company and the Google payment software manage to connect and make the money transfer.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for your reply!

What I understood from your point is that the campaign will run till the budget amount fixed in campaign settings and if prepaid amount is less than budget amount then campaign will run till the prepaid amount get exhausted.

Sorry to raise the same question.

If I set my daily budget to 15000 and I prepaid that amount & in the middle of the day all the amount get exhausted.  So I am refilling the amount of only 8000, then do I need to change my budget from 15000 to 8000.

Please clarify it..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi vishwasaibaba,

I know it's way past November, but I just came across your question randomly. Not sure if you have figured out by now. But from what I understood, if your initial budget is 15000 and once depleted, you want to continue running with 8000, you don't need to change the budget from 15000 to 8000. Instead, you add the 8000 to 15000, so the total changed budget would be 23000.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theresa,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards,

Vishwa