AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Budget Set at $3.50 but Total Cost $150??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys ive setup a youtube campagin and set my total spend to 20 dollars. it averaged out to about 3.50 per day and that is reflected in my adwords management console. however when i view the stats of my video (its only been a few hours)  it says:

Impressions: 8000
Views: 1400
Avg CPC: 0.11

Total Cost: $150 

how is this possible it should have stopped at 3.50? or am i reading the results incorrectly. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Budget Set at $3.50 but Total Cost $150??

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi rm2kdev,

AdWords gives you control over your budget. You can set up your daily budget. The total cost is an amount you paid for a particular time for an amout of clicks in your account. I'd sugest you to read a user written article on the difference between cost and budget. 

Let me find somebody from the AdWords support team to reach out to you and check your account.  

Best,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also like to know what it means. The answer should be simple. 
If you saying that total cost is what the advertising cost. Its what we are supposed to pay to adword.

It seems that Adword is supposed to stop the campaign after daily budget is spent (limit reached) however the views are still coming in and the total cost is getting bigger and bigger. If this is the actual cost to my valet I need to be told, so I terminate my campaign now. Please advise on what is the real cost.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im having the same exact problem. I set my daily budget to 2.50 and had left the video campaign unpaused for not even a day and it says I owe 159 dollars. I dont know what to do.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Shane, if your budget is set to $2.50 per day, that's all you'll pay at the end of the billing period.

YouTube does seem to have some rather unusual issues with some video Ads where they receive a lot of invalid clicks.  If your budget has only ever been what you say it is then that's what you'll be charged at the end of the period and what you're seeing in the daily stats is overspend that you won't be liable for.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits