AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Budget Limited or Exhausted Status Message!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys

Today I came across a very strange scenario, not with my account but with an adwords account of an acquaintance.

In all the campaigns in the account all keywords are showing a status message of "budget limited or exhausted". Though, all the campaigns have a status message as "eligible". Strangely there is only 1 keyword in the whole account which is running!

I am so sure its not a case with any budget constraints or the delivery methods of the campaigns or the account badly organized or optimized.The account was working absolutely fine in the past.

I came across a group discussion where the same issue was being discussed and the people up there were complaining about lack of any satisfactory answer(wish I had one with me). Though they also were right when they said that its not any issue with their campaign budget, delivery method or the account as a whole,everything was working fine in the past.

If you guys could share some insights on the same.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Budget Limited or Exhausted Status Message!!

Google Employee
# 11
Google Employee

Hi Mudit, 

Thank you for the update.  You were absolutely correct with the messaging for prepay accounts in regards to account level budgets.  On occasion, we can see related messaging for post-pay or automatic payment accounts.  Some factors that could cause this are messaging are depletion of your campaign budget or spending ahead of schedule for the day if ads are on standard ad delivery. However, these are rare instances (unless one has a really low budget), which is why I recommended you give the troubleshooting number a call. 

I hope this helps! 

Best, 

Jeremy

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have some problem , I got "Budget limited or exhausted" very often. 

NO CLICKS,NO IMPRESSIONS my campaign , It means the daily budget is still available, Diagnosis tool always returns "Budget limited or exhausted", Preview tool says that "The amount remaining in your campaign's budget is too low to allow this keyword to trigger your ad." If I raise my Campaign budget, the ads will Not showing,Again message me "Budget limited or exhausted"

what should i do?

Thanx

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Mudit,

I guess the same campaign is running on both "Display Network" & the "Search Network" together.

And it seems to me like the most of the clicks comes from the "Display Network" - the triky things is that when you get clicks from the display network you wont see it on the keywords level - but only in the "Ad Groups level or Campaigns level...

Good Luck,

Asaf

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kumar

I undertand what you are trying to say and going through. You are right,there isn't much wrong with your account or your budget settings or methods.

I am trying to research more on the same.Will keep you posted.

Best

Mudit

+mudit

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Asaf

I am afraid that is not the case. All campaigns are targteting only search and not display. I am aware that in case of GDN the keywords don't show any data since they are only used to contextually place the ads on display pages, but here I am not even talking about keywords statistics.

The keywords are not triggering the ads and showing a status message "budget limited or exhausted".

Best

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Kumar

Curious about the payment method you use. Postpaid or Prepaid??

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mudit,

Its Postpaid Account

Thanx

Kumar

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kumar

A postpaid payment method...The contact of mine who is facing similar problem also uses a postpaid payment method. I use prepaid and never had to troubleshoot such an issue in the accounts I have managed.

I know its too soon to be certain that this specific issue is a postpaid account issue but from the look of things it does seem so. Anyways,thats is by no means a solution to the problem.

Have you tried contacting google about the same??

Mudit

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Mudit, 

Thank you for the question. There are several reasons as to why you could be seeing this messaging.  Most commonly, I see this message in regards to prepay or manual payment accounts.  If you are on a prepaid account, then this messaging would necessitate that you need to make a payment as there are no funds from which the ads can draw.  If this is the case, I would suggest that you make a payment and see if the messaging goes away. If not, there are numerous reasons as to why these messaging could appear, but each scenario would require a Googler to look into the account.  It is really impossible to isolate the specific reason without looking into the details of the account as a whole.  Feel free to give us a call at 866-2Google if making a payment does not remedy the issue.  

Best,

Jeremy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Jeremy

Ya,I have asked my contact who is facing this issue to call google and let them explain what is happening. Though I have noticed this "error" appearing in "postpaid" accounts,which is a bit surprising. When the budget in a "prepay" account gets depleted you get "your account level budget has expired" (something similar to thisSmiley Happy).

Anyways,hope he finds a solution for this..I will contact him again to know what actually was wrong so that I can put the solution or probabilities why might such error appear in accounts.

Best

Mudit