AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Budget Greatly exceeded by Total cost.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My budget is 11 cents per day. But after three days it says my cost is 34$ which is impossible. The word budget means this is all I can spend so how can you charge me more than that. This sounds like google is robbing me blind.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Budget Greatly exceeded by Total cost.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

First, are you certain that you set your daily spending cap to $0.11?  

I have known some newer advertisers to set their Ad Group or Keyword bids to certain dollar amounts, without realizing that what controls daily spending is the figure entered on the Campaign tab.

Second, did you enter a diferent dollar amount as your daily spending cap and then change it during the last three days?  You can check this on the Tools tab, by looking at your Change History.

If you set your cap higher at any point, even just for a short time, then during the time the cap was higher, the campaign could very well have spent quite a bit more money during that time. That would push your total spend up considerably.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Im 1000% percent positve that I put my total budget at 1.00 and at one point I raised it to 11cents a day. If Im charged that 34$ you guys are scam artist.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The program is not a scam and no one is deliberately robbing you. (Please note: I do not work for Google.)

If something has happened to cause a problem in the ad serving, Google will investigate it and correct it. It's the weekend now and most people aren't working, but I will see if I can find someone who might be able to offer assistance tomorrow.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Morgan D,
Without looking at your account I would not be able to tell you exactly what is going on here. The Community Team do not have access to your AdWords accounts.

One thing that might have happened, is overdelivery on your ad, but if this is the case we should not have actually charged you that much. Can you compare the "Cost" in the Campaigns section with the amount that is showing on your Billing Summary? If you are still seeing more than $0.11 on your Billing Summary please let me know.

Kathleen