AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Brand new to Adwords: I have adwords gift card for $100 - what should I do with it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm brand new to the adwords space and I've been given a $100 gift card for google adwords. I've read a bunch on how to get started with adwords, but I don't really understand how much to bid and how much money to spend. If I choose a few keywords to start with low competition etc. how far will my $100 go? I read that if you're a beginner, you should start with a max daily cost of $1. Does anyone have insight or advice as to the best way to use the $100 to get started? I'm a little overwhelmed. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Brand new to Adwords: I have adwords gift card for $100 - what should I do with it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I responded to your other question/post as well...

Depending on your service/product I am not sure that 1.00 is going to get you many clicks if any at all. It is very possible to pay less that a 1.00 per click but as for a daily budget I would set a minum of 10.00 a day. That is just a number i threw out there with out any research on the topic at hand. I strongly reccomend you research the keywords before setting a daily budget. PPC to me is research and very close monitoring and reporting. Below is a link that mat help as well

http://googletrafficestimator.com/

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Brand new to Adwords: I have adwords gift card for $100 - what should I do with it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I responded to your other question/post as well...

Depending on your service/product I am not sure that 1.00 is going to get you many clicks if any at all. It is very possible to pay less that a 1.00 per click but as for a daily budget I would set a minum of 10.00 a day. That is just a number i threw out there with out any research on the topic at hand. I strongly reccomend you research the keywords before setting a daily budget. PPC to me is research and very close monitoring and reporting. Below is a link that mat help as well

http://googletrafficestimator.com/

[ Edited ]
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 3
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Welcome to AdWords Amy!

That was good advice from LawyerCentral - the traffic estiamtor is a good place to start when trying to figure out CPCs. 

I'd also really recommend this video on the Googe Business Channel on YouTube. It's a nice summary of bidding on AdWords: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRx7AMb6rZ0 . In fact the Google Business channel had lots of short videos that are useful when starting off. Plug over Smiley Happy

You can also phone us for general advice. Our support numbers are here

Ita