AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am no expert but I suspect that I have to get and stay on top of charges for Ad campaigns. Especially if you are like me...a nubie. I started a campaign yesterday.05/14/2012 with $25.00. I never got a click. I planned the campaign for one day. Today I paused  the campaign. I too. am wondering (for my edification) what the next step is that Adwords will take. If anybody with experience with this is online, I would like to learn more.

edmond

1 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Billing

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It´s really difficult to give you an advice based on what you write because we don´t know anything specific about your campaign. Perhaps we could take it step by step and start with some basic.

- what language and geographical area are you targeting? (you´ll find this under you campaign settings)

- how many keywords have you added?

- what matching options do you use for your keywords?

- could you give an example of a keyword that you have added?

- what are your keyword bids?

- do you get any warnings or other kind of messages? (for example in the speech bubble next to your keywords)

- have your ads had any impressions at all?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Edmond,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Based on what you have written above, I would definitely suggest you to go through the Adwords Wiki Section first and then jump into the detailed information on how to best use Adwords. Additionally, you can also look at Adwords beginner's guide here.

Wiki Authors have written and share great articles, experiences which you can learn and then dig into the technicalities further involved with this advertising program.

Happy Reading!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author spooky
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
David,
I may be new in the technology but courtedy is old school. Your response was swift and on point. Thank you

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, pankaj 1782. For response and advice. Your suggestions will not go unattended.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It´s really difficult to give you an advice based on what you write because we don´t know anything specific about your campaign. Perhaps we could take it step by step and start with some basic.

- what language and geographical area are you targeting? (you´ll find this under you campaign settings)

- how many keywords have you added?

- what matching options do you use for your keywords?

- could you give an example of a keyword that you have added?

- what are your keyword bids?

- do you get any warnings or other kind of messages? (for example in the speech bubble next to your keywords)

- have your ads had any impressions at all?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Edmond,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Based on what you have written above, I would definitely suggest you to go through the Adwords Wiki Section first and then jump into the detailed information on how to best use Adwords. Additionally, you can also look at Adwords beginner's guide here.

Wiki Authors have written and share great articles, experiences which you can learn and then dig into the technicalities further involved with this advertising program.

Happy Reading!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
David,
I may be new in the technology but courtedy is old school. Your response was swift and on point. Thank you
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, pankaj 1782. For response and advice. Your suggestions will not go unattended.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I look forward to more questions from you : )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

David,

I've got a question that I gotta ask somebody. To explain, I bought a Adword for .35. My position with that word was 2.5. I got 38 impressions and no clicks. Forget the clicks. I checked later in the day and the message was that the word was now a $9.50 word...question

Do you think that there is such a thing as a 20 cents word anywhere and in any network? You see, I am not a $1.50 let alone a $9.50 bidder. Am I in the wrong ballgame ):

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I am sure there are plenty of 20 cents keywords.