I am no expert but I suspect that I have to get and stay on top of charges for Ad campaigns. Especially if you are like me...a nubie. I started a campaign yesterday.05/14/2012 with $25.00. I never got a click. I planned the campaign for one day. Today I paused the campaign. I too. am wondering (for my edification) what the next step is that Adwords will take. If anybody with experience with this is online, I would like to learn more.
It´s really difficult to give you an advice based on what you write because we don´t know anything specific about your campaign. Perhaps we could take it step by step and start with some basic.
- what language and geographical area are you targeting? (you´ll find this under you campaign settings)
- how many keywords have you added?
- what matching options do you use for your keywords?
- could you give an example of a keyword that you have added?
- what are your keyword bids?
- do you get any warnings or other kind of messages? (for example in the speech bubble next to your keywords)
- have your ads had any impressions at all?
Welcome to the Community
Based on what you have written above, I would definitely suggest you to go through the Adwords Wiki Section first and then jump into the detailed information on how to best use Adwords. Additionally, you can also look at Adwords beginner's guide here.
Wiki Authors have written and share great articles, experiences which you can learn and then dig into the technicalities further involved with this advertising program.
I've got a question that I gotta ask somebody. To explain, I bought a Adword for .35. My position with that word was 2.5. I got 38 impressions and no clicks. Forget the clicks. I checked later in the day and the message was that the word was now a $9.50 word...question
Do you think that there is such a thing as a 20 cents word anywhere and in any network? You see, I am not a $1.50 let alone a $9.50 bidder. Am I in the wrong ballgame ):