AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billing shows 8 time more than my daily limit (been running for 2 DAYS)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

So i just joined adword to try it and it had great result (for youtube videos), i chose 100dh as a daily limit (i'm from morocco) and i chose manual payment because what i understood is that the compaign will run until the funds run out, i paid 300dh to see how it'll work out.

Today i check and i find that for my video i have 888dh in billing (for 2 days), i don't really understand how it works because overdelivery is stated to not go over 20%, or did i get it wrong?

so what now? i was gonna pay the 300dh and see if i want to go any further or not, but now i have to pay the total 888Dh? even if it states that the compaign stops when the funds end? (it sayd that i still have funds but i paused the compaigns until i get this straight).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Billing shows 8 time more than my daily limit (been running for 2 DAYS)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
so i dug up a bit and apparently i'll pay just for the amount i set per day (plus de 20% since the traffic was good).
If i understood the overdelivery amount is basically free advertising right ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author YassiR B
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @YassiR B,

A credit applied to your account if we've shown your ad so much that you exceed your monthly charging limit. Google doesn't charge you for these clicks and can automatically issue a credit on your invoice.

How it works:

• Overdelivery is when AdWords shows your ad more than what your budget would normally allow. And this can help make up for those days when your ad doesn't show very much.
  • When overdelivery happens, your total daily cost could be up to 20% more than your average daily budget. But in a complete monthly billing period, you'll never be charged more than your monthly charging limit -- the average number of days in a month (30.4) multiplied by your average daily budget.
  • If Google overdelivers your ads too often, and you accrue more costs in a complete monthly billing period than your budget allows, an overdelivery credit is automatically applied to your account.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot
that confirms what i concluded after reading a bit more.

Best regards

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @YassiR B,

You are very welcome. Have a great weekend!

Kind Regards,

James