AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billing alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our book keeper would like to be alerted when a charge is made on behalf of our Google Adwords campaign.  Is it possible to get email updates when this happens?

Re: Billing alerts

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey NMeurlott,

As far as I know you don't have an option to get an alert through the AW system for every charge that was made - but you can get alert If your billing information needs to be updated.

Another option you is to ask your Credit Card provider to send you SMS / EMAIL for any transaction that was made which is above X$.

Good Luck,

Asaf

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Asaf,

That really wouldn't be helpful to me, but thank you for your response. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NMeurlott
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey NMeurlott,

Not sure how you setup your billing prefernces, but I would suggest using 'Manual Payments (pay before your ads run)' option:

"With this setting, you make a payment to your AdWords account before your ads run. Then, as your ads run, your advertising costs are deducted from the payment you've made. We can notify you by email (if you asked us to) when your account balance starts getting low, and you can make another payment whenever you'd like." Read More

This way, you know when you make payments (cc is charged) and you will get notified by email when your budget is running low.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bl,

this makes perfect sense for my situation.  It's not perfect (as I'd like Google to be able to decided when to bill me and have default settings as far as that is concerned), but this solution will keep my book keeper happy. 

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After 10 years of managing our Adwords, we hired a Google "Partner" to manage our Adwords account. We assumed the billing alerts would notify us of any unusual charges. We were very wrong. The Partner reset our budget to over 10 times higher and ran the charges up until our credit card was full. Evidently, Google requires their Partners produce a minimum level of spending:

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en

What's even more unethical is the manager did not bring in a single client, the campaigns he setup were junk.