AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billing alert notivications

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi!

I would like to be notified when my AdWords budget is running low. The description of the Billing notification says that through it I can "Find out about budget and billing issues, like budgets that are running out." But how low exactly does my budget have to be for the notification to fire? Will it notify me when there are 15%, 10%, 5% (or any other percentige) left?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juris B
September 2015

Re: Billing alert notivications

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Juris B,

You can use automated rules to trigger emails when certain conditions occur. For example, let's say that you have a campaign with a daily budget of $100. You can set an automated rule to run at noon every day to email you if you’ve spent more than $50 so far that day. Upon receiving the email alert, you can then choose whether you want to increase your budget so as not to throttle your campaign for the rest of the day.

To create a rule that sends an email if specific campaigns have accrued more than $50 in cost by 12 p.m.:

1. Click All online campaigns in the left panel of your AdWords account.
2. From the list of campaigns below, check any that you want to monitor with this rule.
3. From the Automate button drop-down button above your campaign details, select Send email when...
4. In the "Apply to" section, choose Selected campaigns.
5. In the “Requirements” section, enter Cost > $50.
6. Set the Frequency to Daily 12 PM using data from the Same day.
7. Name your rule and click Save.

I hope that helps!
Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juris B
September 2015

Re: Billing alert notivications

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Juris B,

You can use automated rules to trigger emails when certain conditions occur. For example, let's say that you have a campaign with a daily budget of $100. You can set an automated rule to run at noon every day to email you if you’ve spent more than $50 so far that day. Upon receiving the email alert, you can then choose whether you want to increase your budget so as not to throttle your campaign for the rest of the day.

To create a rule that sends an email if specific campaigns have accrued more than $50 in cost by 12 p.m.:

1. Click All online campaigns in the left panel of your AdWords account.
2. From the list of campaigns below, check any that you want to monitor with this rule.
3. From the Automate button drop-down button above your campaign details, select Send email when...
4. In the "Apply to" section, choose Selected campaigns.
5. In the “Requirements” section, enter Cost > $50.
6. Set the Frequency to Daily 12 PM using data from the Same day.
7. Name your rule and click Save.

I hope that helps!
Kathleen