AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billing Suspension?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm really hoping someone can help me out. I'm a total newbie at this and feel lost.

I was added as an administrator to an AdWords account. This account had previously not run any ads. I added billing information to the account and started running a campaign successfully the same day, which was last Thursday. On Friday I received a notification that my account was suspended. The suspension notice in my account says it is because billing information can't be verified.

A few other related notes that might assist you in answering my question:

• I do have another Google AdWords account. That account was created at least two years ago when we were considering using the service. I created the account just to see what the interface looked like. I did not add billing information, nor did I attempt to run any sort of campaign. When I logged into that account last week to use it to run ads, it said that my account was suspended for two reasons: billing information and "suspended because your business maintains multiple AdWords accounts simultaneously serving ads for similar or related keywords and/or businesses. If you think this suspension was made in error, please contact us though this form ." I don't even know what this means. I never even ran an ad in the first place. I tried calling to no avail. I also tried filling out the form, which was confusing in itself because I didn't have any ads that specifically would have run to cause the suspension. I added billing information, but it didn't help. Per the recommendation of someone at Google's "new customer line" that I talked to, I was added as an administrator to a different account under a different email so I could run ads. The billing information I added to this account was the same as the suspended account, because it is the same credit card. As stated above, the campaign did run at first, but was stopped less than 24 hours later.
  • There is another department at my University that runs ads. They do not use the same credit card, but the domain name would be similar.

Other than that, the campaign I was trying to run was to link to this page: http://www.uwosh.edu/admissions/midwest-student-exchange-program

I do not have any sort of background with Google AdWords, so this whole process has been slightly bewildering and I would really appreciate some help and assistance on what is going on and what I can do to remedy the situation.

Thank you.

Re: Billing Suspension?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Melanie,
Please inquire if the other department that runs ads about your university programs would be using the same domain name and i can see that the exchange program you are trying to promote is an interlinked page to the other department pages which they might be promoting. What I would say is to create a new account and get administrative access to the same account the other department is using to run ads form which you can manage and promote your programs too. Trying to use a single domain on multiple adwords accounts violates the policy.
I think this would be the simplest solution possible.

Thanks,
Santhosh Lakkaraju.

Re: Billing Suspension?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Melanie,
A little update here - creating a new account in the sense here is a new google account (not an adwords account). Create a Gmail account that hasn't been linked to any existing adwords accounts and ask them to provide access to you - that way you wouldn't get any more obstacles to access. Once i tried to provide access to one of my colleagues and he signed up for adwords account before i invited him and we got an error. We had to create a dummy email - add it as an admin and deleted his existing email from the account and tried it again to gain the access.

Regards -
Santhosh Lakkaraju.