AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billing Settings inaccessible for a week now....IS ANYONE THERE???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When we go to the Billing tab and click the Billing Settings menu item to add or change a form of payment, we get the "An Error Has Occurred" error in the red band, with an indication that "Our engineers are working on it", (translation: we just sent your problem down a black hole).

We first called Google support about this issue a week ago on behalf of one of our accounts and now it has affected another account and is happening on ALL NEW ACCOUNTS. We have called three times since with nothing but peppy Googlers telling us we're pretty much screwed. Nice.

We tried this in FireFox and Chrome with the same result. The page doesn't appear at all in IE, (apparently a known issue according to the peppy Googler...but hey, who uses IE right?) We tried clearing cache and cookies and all the BS stuff you're supposed to try, nothing.

My experience with Google support is that you usually end up getting nothing resolved and need to figure out your own workaround. Unfortunately, we've exhausted all options and are forced to rely on Google to fix their stuff. (I hear laughter.)

I'm hoping the one person at Google who actually cares is monitoring this forum. Don't be afraid...come forward and experience this "customer service" thing. It feels SOOO good to help the folks who pay your salary!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Billing Settings inaccessible for a week now....IS ANYONE THERE???

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello madonid,

It's unfortunate that you are unable to access the Billing info. I was checking the know issues and came across with this :

Some advertisers using Internet Explorer might not be able to access their Billing tab. Our engineers are investigating this issue and hope to resolve it as soon as possible. For now, if you aren't able to display your billing related information, please use another browser, such as Chrome or Firefox or another release of Internet Explorer as a workaround.

So Adwords Engineers are aware of the fact that it's not accessible via IE.

Did you by chance tried checking the billing on some another computer or so especially with Google Chrome?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for answering. I tried this on all browsers, please see my original post with regard to the problems I experienced with FireFox and Chrome.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just got off the phone with Google Support again...they have confirmed that this is a widespread problem and that there is no solution other than trying to create a new account, which is hit and miss.

This is a fiasco.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, here we are in September and I still can't access the billing tab of my account!

According to the help forums this is a known and widespread problem, so why haven't Google sorted it out?

Luckily my ad has ended but now I am unable to start another ad, so we're both losing out - but only one of us seems to give a toss!

Probably easier just to close my account and forget it........

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same problem. I can´t change my billing way of payment because of an error. 0 answers from staff.