AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billing Help - Video Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to understand if I will be charged the "total ad costs" which includes the costs for the views OR for the total clicks.  In terms of my billing screen, I am only being charged for the clicks. 

My video is less than 16 seconds. 

There is an amount appearing on the video summary for total ad costs which is reflective of the views, but when I look at the billing screen I am only charged for each click (website click).

Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Billing Help - Video Ad

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi MarketingCyber,

It's dependent on the bidding option you selected. E.g. Having created a video ad with the display ad builder tool, the available video ad formats use cost-per-click (CPC), cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM), or cost-per-view (CPM) bidding.

Chances are you selected cost-per-click (CPC) and only pay for clicks. Had you selected cost-per-view (CPV) bidding, you would be charged based on the amount of impressions you have accrued.

For more, refer to: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375463

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Video Ads - Billing is only Charging Clicks?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My billing is only reflecting each click to my website

However, when I look at the "Campaign" page my "Total Ad Costs" is more expensive than what I'm being billed for... I am so confused.  Will I be charged for the "Total Ad Costs" at another time or will I only pay for the clicks?

My video ad was set up primarily as a CPC, but I had a small amount for the Max CPV (as you couldn't enter it as "0"). 

I have read through so much material in the learning resource center, but I still haven't been able to find an answer.

Google Employee can you please clarify?

Re: Video Ads - Do I Pay Per Click or Per View?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Feature video ads will be charged as Pay per click but when you are running In stream - True view ads Google will charge you as Pay per view.

So if its Featured videos then yes you must have billed as per CPC basis.

This was for your video ads running on YouTube.

but you are running your Video ads on content network then this may help you to understand the billing structure https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375497

CPV bidding model applies to TrueView video formats only, for other AdWords video formats, CPC, or CPM bidding model is applicable.

Re: Video Ads - Do I Pay Per Click or Per View?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi 

Which one of the following are you doing

TrueView in-stream ads:  For videos 30 seconds or longer, you'll be charged when the viewer reaches the 30 second point of the video. For videos shorter than 30 seconds, you'll be charged when the viewer completes the video.

TrueView in-search ads:  You'll only be charged when viewers begin watching your video.

TrueView in-slate ads:  You'll only be charged when viewers choose to watch your ad.
TrueView in-display ads:You'll only be charged when viewers choose to watch your ad.

Hope  this helps 

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Billing Help - Video Ad

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi MarketingCyber,

It's dependent on the bidding option you selected. E.g. Having created a video ad with the display ad builder tool, the available video ad formats use cost-per-click (CPC), cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM), or cost-per-view (CPM) bidding.

Chances are you selected cost-per-click (CPC) and only pay for clicks. Had you selected cost-per-view (CPV) bidding, you would be charged based on the amount of impressions you have accrued.

For more, refer to: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375463

Best,

Lakatos