AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Billed after completion of campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ran a campaign and due to whatever reason (unintuitive settings, poor instruction) I ended up spending way more than I intended to. After the campaign ended, I expected a bill the following month. It seems, though, that I am continually billed every month and my wife is getting increasingly angry - she doesn't believe that I have stopped the ad. 

This time, I completely deleted the campaign and see no way that I should receive a bill next month. Please confirm that there is nothing outstanding on my account and that I will not be billed again.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Billed after completion of campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi James!

With adwords, it can take up to 60 days to generate your final bill, but I would definitely contact someone if it's been longer than that! Here is a link that explains it a bit more as well: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375373?hl=en&from=162202&rd=1

Hope that helps!

Re: Billed after completion of campaign

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi James G,

Assuming you use a credit card, you should be charged every 30 days from the previous charge date. Let’s say you ran a campaign for 10 days and accrued clicks worth $30, you would be charged only after 30 days; which is 20 days post the campaign pause date.

The only exception could be that the account threshold is reached, which is when the charge is immediate. I’d recommend contacting AdWords since you’d like to get a confirmation from Google.

About the account performance, it is unfortunate that you didn’t have much resources. However, feel free to seek help on this lovely forum. I’m sure you’d get a resolution Smiley Happy

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar