AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding Strategy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I am very new in Google AdWords. I am struck in billing. I didn't understand the billing concept. 

I have created own website and started AdWords very low budget.

Can you please explain how to start, that mean automatic is better or manual bid is better. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Bidding Strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Eric B,

As long as you are a newbie, you are advised to refrain from automated bidding. It is strongly recommended you start with manual bidding because you need to gather some amount of hands-on experience before you may want to consider alternate options seriously. There are multiple catches inherent in automatic bidding that you would not be able to properly factor in at the moment.

Irrespective of the above said, automated bid strategies may often times prove extremely beneficial if properly set up and monitored by the right people.

I beg your pardon for being way too straightforward with you, but I did not want to mislead you or let you lose your way.

Best,

Lakatos

Bidding Strategy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos, Thanks for your valuable information.

I will start with manual bidding. I have provide multiple services that mean need to create different campaigns for each and every service. how to divide the amount for different campaigns. 

Please give me your suggestions.

Bidding Strategy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Eric B,

If you associate each of your campaigns with a separate business goal (service) that's actually a Best Practice. Your idea could be regarded as a text book example.

"...how to divide the amount for different campaigns."

I understand the question is about the daily budget. Unless you have specific reasons to make a different decision, I'd suggest to divide it equally between the campaigns, to start with. You'll know much more of course as you accrue more and more historical stats.

Best,

Lakatos