AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

BILLS PAGES...google place, google adword express and google adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had my google place ad (free one) verified 3 days ago. Meanwhile, a month back I opened a google adword account but never did get it set up. 3 days ago when I put my pin number in to activate my free google place adI decided to open the google adword express account as it was right beside my DASHBOARD.  That same day I called customer service back regarding a message I recieved about the google adword account I had started a month ago but had never actually gone forward with. The sales rep. instructed me to go to the goolge adword site.  I explained to her I only wanted google adword express though and she said they were the same thing. She gave me a voucher for $100 to get started which was great and I told her $2 per day to start until I fellt comfortable with it all. That was great, the first day it cost around $2.35...but I didn't really question why it was over my budget that much. I couldn't no long preview my ad, so I bumped it up to $5 budget per day hoping that would help.

Last night I was trying to change the picture that kept coming up beside my google place ad. It wasn't even one of the pictures I had loaded for that ad, it was a picture I had loaded for my adword express add.

All of a sudden I get an alert saying my google adword express account had been moved to a differnt site, but nothing would affect my ad.

Well it certainly did so. Now when I log into the Google adword site, it shows I now have 2 campaigns running and it is $10 a day budgent and as of this morning $10.35 has disappeared from my voucher credit.

Does anyone know what is happening...seems like they now think I have 2 separate accounts using up that $100 voucher. If so which one do I delete?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: BILLS PAGES...google place, google adword express and google adwords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi, Jackie - 

First, it's pretty clear that you have two advertising campaigns going, both an AdWords campaign and an AdWords express campaign. Each of these has its own daily spending cap, so each is going to be spending money in a day. (Also, the daily spending cap can be overspent by as much as 10%, or 20% if the cap is very, very low, as in your case, but the total for the month won't be more than your daily cap times the number of days in the month.)

I guess the real question is--do you want two campaigns active? If you do no, you need to pick one and get the other stopped.

If you post back with what you're trying to accomplish, we'll be happy to help!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

As you know one of your campaigns will have a really long title including the word "places". This can not be edited or paused using the AdWords interface.

Solution

Log onto your Google Places dashboard -> Express tab-> find "edit or deactivate ad" -> deactivate the ad

http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1184982

Log back into actual AdWords and you will  see the Express/Places campaign paused.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi, Jackie - 

First, it's pretty clear that you have two advertising campaigns going, both an AdWords campaign and an AdWords express campaign. Each of these has its own daily spending cap, so each is going to be spending money in a day. (Also, the daily spending cap can be overspent by as much as 10%, or 20% if the cap is very, very low, as in your case, but the total for the month won't be more than your daily cap times the number of days in the month.)

I guess the real question is--do you want two campaigns active? If you do no, you need to pick one and get the other stopped.

If you post back with what you're trying to accomplish, we'll be happy to help!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

As you know one of your campaigns will have a really long title including the word "places". This can not be edited or paused using the AdWords interface.

Solution

Log onto your Google Places dashboard -> Express tab-> find "edit or deactivate ad" -> deactivate the ad

http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1184982

Log back into actual AdWords and you will  see the Express/Places campaign paused.

Hope this helps.