AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic payment to manual payment

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running ad campaign and provided the cedit card details to Google. It's defualt payment option is Automatic Payment but I want to change it to manual payment. So how can I do this.

When I got to billing setting option. I can see an option of "Make a payment". Can change it from there? And in case I change would it be possible that Google may deduct payment from my account twice? Till now I got only 2-3 impression on my ads and not click. Please suggest me how to continue with payment option.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit Verma
September 2015

Re: Automatic payment to manual payment

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit,
I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but I'll do my best - By reading your question, I'm guessing that you want to change to PrePay? If so, I'll try to answer.

Pre-Pay is not available in all countries (see link before for where it's not available). If it is available in your country, per AdWords, "If you really need to switch between a prepay option and a postpay option, the only way to do so is to close your current AdWords account and create a new one. When doing so, just remember to use a different email address when opening up your new account. If you want to use the same email address in your new account, you'll first have to change your email address in the old account before closing it."

How to pay for AdWords 

Also, in some counties it is not possible to start a new Account with Pre-Pay.

Again, it will vary by country, but in most cases you probably cannot update your billing type to PrePay.

I see that you haven't received a lot of Impressions, if you're interested in receiving more Impressions, you might want to read this article to see why your Ads aren't showing more often.

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?hl=en

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/What-to-do-When-You-Can-t-Find-your-Ad/ba-p/32...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi 

There are some countries that you can't switch to manual payments from Automatic payments. Check the country list below.

Capture.JPG

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375432?hl=en

If you are not belong to one of these countries you should be able to switch to manual payment. To do that go to Billing - Billing Settings and check your selection

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit,
I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but I'll do my best - By reading your question, I'm guessing that you want to change to PrePay? If so, I'll try to answer.

Pre-Pay is not available in all countries (see link before for where it's not available). If it is available in your country, per AdWords, "If you really need to switch between a prepay option and a postpay option, the only way to do so is to close your current AdWords account and create a new one. When doing so, just remember to use a different email address when opening up your new account. If you want to use the same email address in your new account, you'll first have to change your email address in the old account before closing it."

How to pay for AdWords 

Also, in some counties it is not possible to start a new Account with Pre-Pay.

Again, it will vary by country, but in most cases you probably cannot update your billing type to PrePay.

I see that you haven't received a lot of Impressions, if you're interested in receiving more Impressions, you might want to read this article to see why your Ads aren't showing more often.

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?hl=en

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/What-to-do-When-You-Can-t-Find-your-Ad/ba-p/32...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi 

There are some countries that you can't switch to manual payments from Automatic payments. Check the country list below.

Capture.JPG

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375432?hl=en

If you are not belong to one of these countries you should be able to switch to manual payment. To do that go to Billing - Billing Settings and check your selection

Capture.JPG

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Vkore and Nisal. I highly appreciate your support to clear my doubts related to Billing process. Hope to receive more expert advice from your end Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, i am not in the listed countries above. Why i Can't see the options to change from Automatic to Manual payments?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit, You can request Adwords team to change your payment methods from Manual to Automatic or Automatic to Manual but remember that this can be done only once so take your decision on which suits best for your business.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!