AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic payment declined

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I am facing the following situation:

• my AdWords account is set on automatic payment and I had no problem with the payments since a week ago when Google initiated an automatic payment and failed (the amount is extremely small, like 0,01$).
  • I am using the same form of payment since the beginning of the account, the payment never failed, I checked all the reasons for which the payment could be declined, I'm all good, I contacted my financial institution and I was told that they were not notified of a payment being initiated from Google.
  • I've contacted Google and they keep telling me to contact may bank or financial institution.

Does anyone have any suggestions (except of calling my bank or financial institution) on what should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Monica

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automatic payment declined

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Monica,

Thanks for your post! You are right - the amount is so small. I'll have a member of the AdWords team look into this query for you and contact the Billing Team. Please keep an eye out for an email from their team. 

In the meantime, if anyone else on the Community has ever experienced this before and has any recommendations, please post! 

Thanks! 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just wondering if you tried adding some new form of payment and see if the problem persists with those new details as well or not?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rachel!
Let's hope we'll solve this soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pankaj, thank you for the suggestion.
Unfortunately I don't have any other form of payment. But I was thinking to switch to manual payment if there is no other solution and I am aloud to do the switch.

What do you of this?

Monica

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Monica,

I think Rachel already escalated your case and you should hear back soon from one of the AdWords support Team member on this.

Pankaj
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After a few days of exchanging emails with different members of the Google AdWords team and trying a lot of options, I came to the conclusion that this was a system error and solved the problem with a manual payment.

If you ever find yourself in this situation, try this options:
(A) contact your bank/ credit card provider and have the issue sorted by the technical team from their end
(B) Use a different form of payment. Or you could remove and re-enter credit card information to refresh the system. This workaround requires backup form of payment prior to removing the credit card that was declined.
(C) Make a payment (manually) for the current balance to stimulate the system - this is how I solved my problem.

Happy PPC,

Monica

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Thanks for letting us know, Monica! I'm glad you were able to get it resolved. 

Happy advertising! 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Monica,

Thanks for getting back and letting the Community know about this!

Pankaj