AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Automated payments and consequences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am very surprised to see that Google has chosen to switch from manual payments to automated payments.
I understand that you might have had issues with complaints regarding this issue however you might understand that not all companies can afford to have automated payments specially for small companies and start-ups which are more specifically companies THAT use your services in order to boost their sales.

By automated billing it means that you will deduct the funds from our cards regardless of the amount of available funds on the company accounts, by doing so the banks automatically closes the cards for online transactions, as you might know Google is not the only services that companies are using but due to these actions you are simply closing ALL online transactions with other companies and this is unacceptable.

I will issue this problem in social networks as i believe people and start-ups should be aware of this problem and consider other services as advertising support.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automated payments and consequences

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bravo C,

Thanks for posting, and for your feedback. Yes, the manual payment option has not been available for newly created accounts since October 2013. I will definitely pass your feedback along to the appropriate teams. 

If your biggest concern is managing your spend, there are still ways to do this and optimize your ad serving. You can control your ad serving and spend using daily budgetsend dates and ad scheduling

Thanks again for your feedback. As mentioned, I'll be sure to send it to the appropriate team. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Rachel, even if setting the daily budget is available it doesn't change the fact that Google will "autotop" your account after 30 days or when budget has been used, there lies the issue.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi again Bravo,

Yes, in order to stop your ads running you will need to set an end date for your campaign(s) or sign in to your account to pause your campaign(s) on the day when you want to prevent further costs being accrued. 

You can also make a manual payment in the Billing tab of your account (even if you are on automatic payments). So your ads could serve from a credit - but it's very important to remember to set an end date or pause your campaign on the date when you would like your ads to stop running.