AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Apply a Promotional Code... followed by a stupid error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the message that I'm getting "This promotional code does not apply to your region." I tried it on a client who is in Canada and on some one also in the US but it's not working for either of them. I am located in the US. Why am I getting this error?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Apply a Promotional Code... followed by a stupid error.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kendrao,

Google is issuing promotional codes via various distribution channels and these vouchers are always subject to terms and conditions stipulated by Google and/or the distributor proper. Geographic limitations may be one of the terms you have to comply with. However, why the distributor gave you a code that can't be used in North America remains a question which is, of  course, beyond the scope of this forum.

Best,

Lakatos 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kendrao
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi kendrao

As Lakatos said, there are certain T&Cs on all the coupons, but if you give the support team a ring and maybe send in a scan of the coupon, we can see why it isn't eligible to your account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kendrao,

Google is issuing promotional codes via various distribution channels and these vouchers are always subject to terms and conditions stipulated by Google and/or the distributor proper. Geographic limitations may be one of the terms you have to comply with. However, why the distributor gave you a code that can't be used in North America remains a question which is, of  course, beyond the scope of this forum.

Best,

Lakatos 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kendrao,

Lakatos has certianly provided all the information you need about this particular query but I had to say I LOVE the avatar!!!

Last night was a bummer but most of the real team was on the bench so I can let that slide.  Really looking forward to this season and (as crazy as it seems) an improved Patriots team!

Cheers from the Cape!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kendrao
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi kendrao

As Lakatos said, there are certain T&Cs on all the coupons, but if you give the support team a ring and maybe send in a scan of the coupon, we can see why it isn't eligible to your account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got the same error and was fighting it for 20 minutes until I used a different code they provided (within the same promotion) and it worked just fine... maybe some of their codes got corrupt? Don't know but wanted to update on the possible easy fix.