AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Anyone else having a problem with failed payments today, Saturday April 21?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone else having a problem with failed payments today, Saturday April 21?  I had one payment fail on a card that I know is good. I then added a debit card as a form of payment and tried to pay $20.00 with it.  That payment has been "pending" for an hour now, same excessive delay as the previous attempt, yes I do see that the $20 was removed from my bank account. 

Anyone else? What's going on?  Why can't a billion-dollar company handle simple payments?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Anyone else having a problem with failed payments today, Saturday April 21?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yep, Faile payment and all subsequent payments pending.

Absolutely nightmare. Cant get hold of any google person as it is out of hours.

Don't know what to do.

credit card payments pending

debit card payments pending

good card payment failed, 6 hours ago no alerts.

disaster

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, my account is having the same problem. Both valid forms of payment failed. Amex reports that they approved the transactions, but Google reports declined. This appears to me to be a Google system problem. My ads are still showing as of now. I'm sure they will get on it as this is their primary source of income as a company.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

> I'm sure they will get on it as this is their primary source of income as a company.

One would think so, but the past few years have made me believe that all the talented people at AdWords have been reassigned.  Crap like this seems to happen every 3 months or so.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How much ya wanna bet some jerk-off pushed an untested change into production Friday night and then left for the weekend or went on vacation?

Or, 2nd most common thing, someone turned off a vital machine as they left on Friday.  "See ya Monday, guys!"  ... and we're all left with our cheese in the breeze.

These are all golden boys with PhDs at Google, after all.  They don't make mistakes.  (except when they do)

Plenty of time and talent for Google+ that no one uses, but no funding for their bread & butter, AdWords.

I am a PAYING CUSTOMER, so fix this!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

just got an automated email

Ads arent serving because your adwords funds have been exhausted. To start serving your ads, please make paymet by following these steps.  blah blah blah

No mention of what to do when your payments faile for no reason and the subsequent payments have been pending for 4 hours.

Madness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

wohay payments started going through.

Now please remove the

Your ads aren't showing because the spending limit defined by your account-level budget has been reached. What can I do?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

When issues occur with the billing system there may be some short delays in certain transactions being completed upon the fix being implemented. It does mean that you may have to wait a short while for payment to be re-submitted, CC payments to go through, ads to start running (where budget was exhausted), etc. This is because if all transactions were to flush immediately through the system it would cause further issues. 

With this current issue there has been responses that it is now working so please try the payment again or wait a short while.

If the problems persist please use the customer support form to seek further email or telephone based support.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 4 adwords accounts and have had notification emails on three of them. Contacted my card provider (15 mins on hold) to be told that they have definitely been approving the transactions. The card provider suggested I phone Google. I had to laugh. On a weekend? Seriously, already wasted 30 minutes trying to get this sorted. No way of contacting Google direct - the email link is greyed out. Very poor service indeed Google. Get your act together.

JayLink1971 wrote:

Anyone else having a problem with failed payments today, Saturday April 21?  I had one payment fail on a card that I know is good. I then added a debit card as a form of payment and tried to pay $20.00 with it.  That payment has been "pending" for an hour now, same excessive delay as the previous attempt, yes I do see that the $20 was removed from my bank account. 

Anyone else? What's going on?  Why can't a billion-dollar company handle simple payments?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, same problem. 2 Cards that were valid failed with "Automatic Payment failed". Credit card company said charge accepted. No way to contact Google via phone, email, or other method.

SUGGESTION TO GOOGLE:

If there is a SYSTEM problem, it would be great if Google would have a status panel for Google Adwords, similar to other Google Apps (http://www.google.com/appsstatus) so we can be assured it's not an individual problem.