AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

An error has occurred. Dismiss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't set up billing details on this new account (account is a few days old, but billing was attempted last night and several times this morning) because I keep getting this message once I submit the information. I called up Google Adwords UK and spoke to Phillip at customer service who said the problem was unusual and he would escalate to technical support.

From doing some searching on the problem, it seems like it's quite common down recent years, but nobody seems to have a concrete explanation/solution to the problem.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: An error has occurred. Dismiss

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If the matter is already with AdWords support team, they would be looking into it and will get back to you with some resolution soon. So I would suggest you to wait till you get a reply.

As far as I know, this isn't a common problem which every advertiser faces while updating the billing info. 

Few things which you might try:-

Try with a different browser and preferably with Google Chrome to update the billing info.

You might consider clearing cookies, cache and then sign in again and then try updating the info.

Use a different computer and see if that fulfills what you are looking for.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just tried again and it still failed.

However, I removed the promo code that I was given from my web hosting company and it went through to the terms and conditions page....so I assume it's a problem with the voucher.

Should I speak to Google Adwords customer service about this or my web hosting company?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As you said, it might be an issue with promo code. Promo codes vary from country to country and they have certain terms and conditions attached with them. They are meant only for the new accounts and as far as I remember, you can redeem a code within 15 days opening an account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj, yeah it's strange because it's a new adwords account (few days old) so I'm not sure why it doesn't work...

I'll post later to see if I can resolve the issue.