AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords setup from Manual to Automatic without Advertisers knowledge.

G S
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
G S
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set my ad words account as manual payment when setting up. The account setup changed to automatic , amount of $50.00 has been taken from my account and campaigns have been running for the month of June and July 2014 with out my knowledge. Now I am being charged amount $38.06 over and above $50.00, for the campaigns that I have not started. I setup the account in November 2012 and ran campaigns in 2012 just 1-2 times. The account being in manual setup have not run in 2013 and early 2014. Now for the month of June and July , 2014 the campaigns have started running automatically . I have closed the account but want a refund for $50.00 which has been taken from my account automatically.

I ask Customer representative and they say , Google Ad Words did not move the account to Automatic and I have set it up, which is impossible as I have not logged in to the account. Now I have to close the campaigns and account which I have not started and google wants extra money for the campaigns it started automatically.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords setup from Manual to Automatic without Advertisers knowled

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware, AdWords Support cannot request refunds under these circumstances. I would recommend contacting your bank and requesting a chargeback (however, keep in mind that may cause issues if you decide to reactivate your account at a later date).  

On a different note, you may want to try contacting AdWords Support to see if they can investigate when the account switched to manual payments and why the ads started serving in June again. The information should be available in your Change Log, so you will be able to determine what email address made the change and on what date. 

I hope this helps! 

Re: Adwords setup from Manual to Automatic without Advertisers knowled

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got duped too. They changed my limit from $100 to $500 without informing me. Needless to say I was shocked when my bank account was charged $320.