AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords scam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I signed up for a promotion and when the promotion was over I opted not to continue I have been getting billed ever since. I have called and emailed to stop whatever it is that they are doing. I finally had to go through my bank and get a new card and report the fraud. I am very dissappointed with google ad words

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords scam

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian, How did you opt to not continue? If your campaigns and ads were enabled and your billing set to invoicing, it would continue running.

If you shut them down or used an agency or a third party, you may have ended up with an unsavory agency or a legit third party scam...

You should always be careful that you are dealing with an Adwords Certified professional, and check references to make sure you can trust them and that they will do a good job.

If you ran it yourself, make sure your campaigns are switched to paused to avoid running ads, generating clicks, and incurring charges.

Re: Adwords scam

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In addition to David's reply please note that cancelling the card was not a smart move. The campaign will continue to incur charges until the next time payment is due. Now, you owe Google money, and you are banned until  fully paid, Call CS to sort the issue.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’