AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords ripped me off

ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No clarity in the design of the website. Advertises that you are spending an approximate amount per day, but they overcharge and dont inform you, dont update you on how much they are taking from you, and lack clarity in providing customer with info about paused and active campaigns. BE CAREFUL and scrutinize their every move.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords ripped me off

ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The issue goes a bit deeper than anything you will be able to help with. The point of the post was to warn others, not ask for help. I'm quite clear on what has occurred and the billing protocol. The issue is flaws within the design of the site.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey ptg,

I am sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience with AdWords..
Could you explain clearly what has happend? Also, what is the over charge like? Google is allowed an overspend of up to 20% on the numbers you indicate.

If you specify your problem clearly, we may be able to help.. Also, there are several Googlers on this community who could help out..
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"I am sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience with AdWords.."

Let's not manipulate the experience with faux modesty.  It is an ongoing horrible experience.

"
Could you explain clearly what has happened?

There is no clarity.  I am being charged for campaigns that are not visible.  I am being billed for things I do not see.

Also, what is the over charge like?

What are they like?  They are like a parasite sucking from a host without the host knowing.  

Google Ad Words has all but crippled my small business.  I have been charged $2,000 on campaigns that I have paused and deleted, or campaigns that are not even visible.    I had a significant small amount for my daily budget.  The've charged me amounts I never ever ever agreed to, nor would I ever had agreed to if they had made it their offer. 

"Google is allowed an overspend of up to 20% on the numbers you indicate."

No.  That's not how business transactions work. Mutual business transaction is an agreement.  I received no notification that they want to take more money from me than they advertise or offer or I request.  What you are referring to is called BAIT AND SWITCH.  It's illegal.

"If you specify your problem clearly, we may be able to help.. '

The only way to help is for them to stop sucking money from my account and to reimburse me the money I never agreed to give them.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear ptg

"I am sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience with AdWords.."

Let's not manipulate the experience with faux modesty.  It is an ongoing horrible experience.

ShroffS id not a Google Employee, but simply a member of the forum, just like you, trying to help you.

Maybe you should have a look at "learn with Google",which is a tutorial for new advertisers like you(A link under the resources tab, on the upper navigation bar).

Dave

ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"ShroffS id not a Google Employee"

How do you know that, and why are you even bringing that up? 

"Maybe you should have a look at "learn with Google"

I dont need to "learn with Google," thank you.  

Contrary to your sycophancy, Google does not rule the mind.  Nor does it have anything valuable to teach, other than not to do business with them.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey ptg,

I am not a Google employee, You can see that under my profile. Google emplyees have that mentioned under their names.

The reason it was brought up by Dave(Thanks Dave! Smiley Happy ) was, since I am just a memeber of this forum trying to help you.. I have no access to your account to see the details. If you want us to help you, you are going to have to be calm and provide more details.

I undertand that you are clearly bugged about this issue, but we will not be able to help if you do not explain in detail the issues you are facing.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ptg

Everything can be sited in the AdWords campaign in the billing section.

I would be more than happy to assist you with your problem if you can provide a little more 'information' on the matter rather than complaining and taking out your frustration on other forum members that are ATTEMPTING to assist you.

I have various clients that seem to be confused regarding their billing but once I look into the matter its rare Google make mistakes. Try to understand that Google bill you once you accumulate a certain number of clicks that accumulate to a certain amount of money spent. It could be that you were expecting to be billed after 1 month or advertising, but Google did not bill until you have spent a certain amount. 

EXAMPLE:

1st October: 100 clicks - Cost $75 and no charges made

8th October: 125 clicks - Cost $100 and $100 was charged onto your credit card

I often find this to be a big confuser for AdWords users.

I hope this helps. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
ptg
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The issue goes a bit deeper than anything you will be able to help with. The point of the post was to warn others, not ask for help. I'm quite clear on what has occurred and the billing protocol. The issue is flaws within the design of the site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They have done the same to me.

I have a 14 dollar per day budget.

After three days, my charges are 48 dollars.

Roughly two dollars overcharging me per day.

Oh, and my ad?

Non existant.   -- Cannot find it anywhere!

I have been on the phone with them two times.. having my ad run for three days? Soooo many issues.

I will be calling them tomorrow.

This site is the least user friendly I have used in a while,

AND - we are still getting more calls/day off of Kijiji (which is free)!

Anyone who has not started with Adwords.. Steer clear. Not worth it at all.