AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords mobile users ad rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up a adwords campaign for mobile users....(smartphones)

I also have a campaign for non bobile users....(PC, tablets, etc...)

II have many of the same keywords for the mobile users campaign as I do for the campaign directed at non mobile users.

the cost per click on the campagn for mobile users is twice or 3 times the rate for the same keywords on my campaign for non mobile devices.....

I don't quite understand why they are so high on the mobile users or how to adjust them.......

any insight would be appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords mobile users ad rates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dben002;

This is somewhat strange considering the fact that mobile advertising is in its early stages,,,,

Are you advertising a competitive product/ service that users incline to buy using their mobile device?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV....Yes I think so....I am a retail florist and the site is www.sedgegardenflorist and I am getting mobile clicks and calls but the difference in cost per click has me stumped and I'm thinking I could not use it at these prices

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Check this discussion, where Tom commented on a similar question in a highly competitive field. Though in that discussion the campaign ran on a"standard platform" the answers still apply to you case;

I will also recommend this article by Calin;

You might also want to search the community for "high CPC", "high cost" etc...You'll find many good tips and advice on reducing costs.

And finally; you may consider updating and revising your site, - Is the content and design compatible for mobile?
Check this Google's dedicated website, for advertisers looking for tips and advice to go mobile.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’