AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords mobile users ad rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up a adwords campaign for mobile users....(smartphones)

I also have a campaign for non bobile users....(PC, tablets, etc...)

II have many of the same keywords for the mobile users campaign as I do for the campaign directed at non mobile users.

the cost per click on the campagn for mobile users is twice or 3 times the rate for the same keywords on my campaign for non mobile devices.....

I don't quite understand why they are so high on the mobile users or how to adjust them.......

any insight would be appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords mobile users ad rates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dben002;

This is somewhat strange considering the fact that mobile advertising is in its early stages,,,,

Are you advertising a competitive product/ service that users incline to buy using their mobile device?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV....Yes I think so....I am a retail florist and the site is www.sedgegardenflorist and I am getting mobile clicks and calls but the difference in cost per click has me stumped and I'm thinking I could not use it at these prices

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Check this discussion, where Tom commented on a similar question in a highly competitive field. Though in that discussion the campaign ran on a"standard platform" the answers still apply to you case;

I will also recommend this article by Calin;

You might also want to search the community for "high CPC", "high cost" etc...You'll find many good tips and advice on reducing costs.

And finally; you may consider updating and revising your site, - Is the content and design compatible for mobile?
Check this Google's dedicated website, for advertisers looking for tips and advice to go mobile.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’